samedi 15 mars 2008

Happy St-Patrick's Day!!

Hello to all!
First and far most, I want to wish you all a Happy-St-Patrick's day!!

I come from an Irish background, I think that here in Quebec, some people do celebrate St-Patrick's day, but not a lot of people know the history of this day. I searched the web and found this great website which offers all these links to activities and lesson plans related to St-Patrick's day.

In my opinion, talking about the history of St-Patrick's day (without going overboard and giving students a history class) and then doing a few activities, is totally related to culture. Some students may have an Irish background and those who don't can learn about this day which is very celebrated in our Country.

You should definitely check it out!!


"If you're enough lucky to be Irish, you're lucky enough!" ~ Irish Saying

2 commentaires:

ViKY a dit…

I think that's a great idea Sara Ann!! In fact, here in Québec, we don't tend to celebrate that day much... I didn't even know it was St-Patrick's day when it was (fortunately, I was lucky enough to wear green on that day!!). Activities like that inform students about the celebrations in the English language and I think that it is important to talk about it, just like we would talk about Easter or Thanksgiving!!

Happy (late) St-Patrick's to you little Irish descendant!!!

Jay Miron a dit…

OH MY! For me, St-Patty's day has always been a day of celebration. It is a day to get together and play the game of drink. But I never really took the time to think about all the history behind this day. It isn't only a day entailing green beer and blurry vision, it's a day to celebrate the Irish heritage, whether it is yours or not. You have opened my eyes, thank you Sara Ann!